By Kelly Zwicker
We are rapidly approaching fall season, and with fall comes the lovely month of September, the month of our Rainforest Gala and runway! We are so excited to welcome back talented artists, musicians, and performers to compliment our runway presentation. Are you ready to be apart of our celebration of conservation and sustainable fashion? We would love to have you.
6:30 PM: Three-course Dinner Gala, Live Performances, Auction and Presentations
8:00 PM: Fashion Runway Show - Six Rainforest-Inspired Collections
Official Press Release:
Thursday, September 20, 2018 at Seattle's newest and most sophisticated private event venue (Block 41), Fashion for Conservation and Hoja Nueva will bring a limited number of guests on a walk through the rainforest in style; witness this exquisite one night only celebration with diverse flavors and cultures, captivating sounds of the wild, and vibrant designs inspired by rainforests. Help us create a space where diverse peoples can share and celebrate their unique stories and experiences living in harmony with wildlife and their habitats. This event funds rainforest conservation, wildlife rehabilitation, and sustainable agriculture with Seattle US 501(c)(3) and Peru based nonprofit Hoja Nueva (hojanueva.org).
In previous seasons, this Rainforest Runway has featured animal and rainforest-inspired collections from as many as 18 international designers and hosted between 500-800 guests each time while making a huge impact to conserve rainforest in the Peruvian Amazon...
Seattle's 4th Annual Rainforest Gala & Runway will host only 300 guests, so make a reservation for you or your table party, before its too late!
The urgency of conserving the earth's rainforests now goes beyond cultural and wildlife preservation. Fragmented forests resulting from increased agriculture store less carbon and adversely impact wildlife movement and gene flow, resulting in higher levels of atmospheric carbon and regional species declines. As a component of the recent Paris Accord, slowing climate change by method of conserving rainforest is an urgent matter that requires strong institutional support for projects that shift how we source our food, water and energy, and support for rainforest conservation and habitat protection.
Hoja Nueva confronts deforestation in the Peruvian Amazon by conserving rainforest and building capacity within remote and indigenous communities by developing micro-finance programs and empowering women; implementing rigorous scientific research in waste management, water and wildlife; and creating alternative income opportunities that protect indigenous culture andwildlife habitat.
"Thanks to last year's rainforest gala, our zero-carbon footprint eco-lodge has been built in the lowland Amazon rainforest along with 2000 trees to create a research center that provides conservation and agroforestry education in a world threatened by rampant deforestation and climate change," states co-founder of Fashion for Conservation and Hoja Nueva director Samantha Zwicker.
Block 41 is Seattle's newest and most sophisticated private event venue, located in the heart of the bustling Belltown neighborhood. Address: 115 Bell St, Seattle, WA 98121
Mark your calendars for this wild event and stay tuned for the full lineup! Tickets are extremely limited - get them before they're gone!
“The urgency of conserving the earth’s rainforests now goes beyond cultural and wildlife preservation. It is now a basic human need.”
— Samantha Zwicker, Co-founder at Hoja Nueva and Fashion for Conservation
10 Reasons Why NOT TO MISS Seattle’s 4th Annual Rainforest Gala & Runway!
- WALK ON THE WILD SIDE. Take a walk through the jungle in high style! Learn about ecosystems, wildlife and culture of the Amazon through fashion, music, presentations and visual art! TWO lucky guests will also have the opportunity to WALK THE WILD RUNWAY.
- FOODIES PARADISE. Three course mouthwatering Peruvian style dinner with an exquisite sweet ending prepared by a top local dessert chef behind “Seattle’s Hottest New Restaurant,” 2120! *GF/Vegetarian available by request.
- FALL IN LOVE. You never know what may happen when you meet your significant other (or future wife!) on the wild side...take your date home with plans for an exotic 7-day jungle get-away that you won in the live auction!
- BE INSPIRED: “After last year’s gala....I was speechless with tears in my eyes! The dance performances, designs and diversity of the audience moved me so much, like it awakened something in me, I felt so at home, and so inspired!” - Cayetana San Segundo (now part of our team of passionate volunteers, dedicated to creating a once in a lifetime experience for YOU again this Rainforest Gala).
- MEET ANTHAR KHARANA FROM COLUMBIA. Anthar Kharana will be sharing the power of traditional songs used in different ceremonies of the Americas to comnect us with the spirit world..
- SUPPORT INDIGENOUS WOMEN. All gala guests will receive a special gift from one of artisan women we are working along side in Peru. The evening will help fund alternative income opportunities that support women of YINE and Ashaninka lineages in continuing to live in harmony with their land and community. Some of their beautiful hand woven and naturally dyed bags, jewelry and home decor will also be available for purchase in the marketplace prior to the runway show.
- HELP COMBAT CLIMATE CHANGE AND PROTECT RAINFORESTS IN YOUR NAME. Each guest will have the opportunity to purchase and protect pristine Amazon rainforest and be part of the land management plan with Hoja Nueva 501(C)(3). This will provide as a buffer zone for indigenous communities, life-long habitat for endangered wildlife, and healthier lungs for our planet.
- WITNESS THE RAINFOREST RUNWAY. As seen in vogue and previewed at London Fashion Week: witness 6 stunning international runway shows, lively dance performances, eclectic sounds of the wild and other forms of visual art—all inspired by the richly diverse rainforests of the world!
- WEAR THAT DRESS/SUIT YOU HAVEN’T. We hear so many complaints about there not being enough events in Seattle to dress up for. Here is your opportunity, we can’t wait to see what wild and wonderful attire in which you adorn yourselves!
- KEEP WALKING ON THE WILD SIDE....WITH DAVID ATTENBOROUGH, AT LONDON FASHION WEEK & IN THE ACTUAL AMAZON. Check out the lineup of exclusive auction experiences with which lucky gala guests will continue on their journey into the wild...
Tickets are limited to 300 guests, so get them before it’s too late! *Ticket prices increase at the end of August. **All ticket levels are 100% tax deductible.
For more information and ticketing visitFashionforconservation.com/RainforestGala2018